PTCA special events
The next PTC meeting is May 31 at 5:30pm at the Brownington Central School. We hope to see everyone there!
Minutes for the Brownington Parents Club
- The Parents Club meeting was called to order at 5:37pm on May 14, 2018 at the Brownington Central School. Present was Melissa Hinton, Larry Fliegelman and Jennifer Locke.
- Jeff Coburn from the Orleans PTC was there to go over an idea for a district wide retreat. We would meet with all the other school at a central location, maybe have a Guest speaker. His hope and we agreed was to have one large function to bring the schools parents club together, to benefit one big cause. Jeff is meeting with the other school to get their feelings on it. He will get back to us and a date and time if the other school would like to participate.
- The playground has been ordered. It will be delivered to Playground Bob location where he and his crew will deliver and set up the ground work so that we as a community, with Playground Bob help can get the playground built. Larry will be contacting the select board to get permission for Mike and him to use the town equipment to tear down the old playground equipment and level the ground. Looks like we will be putting the playground in on either July 14, 2018 or July 21, 2018. Larry will let us know which day after he speaks more with Playground Bob on what will work the best. We will need to coordinate the delivery of wood chips also.
- On Thursday August 23, 2018 the school will have an Open House where there will also be a ceremony and ribbon cutting for the new playground. This will be at 3pm to 5pm. A Pot Luck Picnic will be held with the proceeds going towards the 8thGrade End of Year Class Trip.
- Melissa asked about being able to also get a Gaga Pit and Diggers to go with the new Playground Equipment. This will be on the back burner until we have everything inline for the playground site work and finish work.
- Larry was going to contact the Newport Daily Express and the Chronicle to come do a story and take pictures of the new Playground.
- The next meeting will be held on Thursday May 31, 2018 at the Brownington Central School. Where we will go over any final preparations for the installation of the playground.
- Meeting adjourned at 6:27pm